RSSBlog Lovin
FacebookPinterest
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Playing Chicken

There's a fact about me that my best friends all know and love to tease me about.... I have the weirdest dreams! Most of the time I can't even remember most of it because it was so random and weird. Last night I "saw" the weirdest thing in my dream....

The boy I like was playing "relationship" chicken with another girl. ...yeah. I know. SO WEIRD, RIGHT?! I wasn't even going to tell anyone... But as I was laying in bed wondering why in the world my head would come up with something like that, I thought of something I wanted to share with you all...

In life, we tend to play chicken all the time, especially with our pride. When someone we love upsets us, we can be stubborn and refuse to move on. We play chicken with our pride, and most of the time end up smacking face to face with it. I am guilty of this, probably more than most anyone else, but I still wanted share this with everybody.

There are some things that we do need to hold onto (not hold grudges, just hold onto the memory and the lesson) but not lower our standards and lose part of who we are. And then there are other things that we do need to let go... That boy that said a comment we took offense to, that teacher that made us feel stupid, little things like that. By letting go of the things that don't really matter, we'll be able to live a better and more fulfilling life.

And just because I want to, here's a picture from one of my favorite sessions ever!

No comments: